Amynta MFA Frequently Asked Questions for Multi-Factor Authentication
*To view a user guide for MFA, click here*
1. Why is Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) being implemented to access Amynta Applications (i.e. EPOnline, VSC Online, warrantysolutions.com/b2b)?
MFA is required to comply with the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, also known as the FTC Safeguards Rule. In addition, MFA provides enhanced user and system security by verifying user identity in multiple ways. Amynta’s MFA uses two methods to verify user identity:
- a unique password is known only to the user
- a constantly changing one-time password (OTP) used each time the user logs on to a portal.
This ensures that our partner’s and customers’ information remains secure.
2. How do I log in with MFA?
Beginning June 9, 2023, all users must obtain an OTP each time they log on to Amynta Applications with MFA.
Users can obtain the OTP with these simple steps:
- From your web browser, navigate to the Amynta Application directly to log in.
- Login to the Amynta Application with your current credentials, i.e., username and password.
- Once your credentials are entered, a new window will open to register for MFA with an email address that is unique to you.
- Once registration is complete, an OTP will be sent to your email for you to type into the MFA to access the application.
- Once the code is typed in and verified, your application will open for use.
3. How can I plan ahead and get prepared for MFA today?
You will need an email address only you can access to register for MFA. If you do not have an email address for yourself, you will need to have one created at your organization or with an email service provider such as Gmail or Yahoo. Your email address is where you will receive your One Time Password (OTP) or code to access the Amynta application.
4. Do I have to register each application with the new MFA?
No. If you utilize multiple Amynta applications with the same credentials (username and password) only one MFA account is needed. You will need to register the first application; when you access the second application, you will be able to sign in using the MFA credentials created when you registered the first application. After this, both applications will be linked to the same MFA credentials.
5. I have logged into my application but the window to register for MFA is not appearing?
You will need to check your pop-up blocker in the browser you are utilizing. Look for a red bar or red note in the top right hand of your search bar. You will want to ensure you have it marked to “Always Allow Pop-UPs.” Refresh the page, and you should now get the pop-up to register for MFA. To learn more about how to enable pop-ups in Google Chrome click here. To learn how to enable pop-ups in Microsoft Edge click here.
6. I am having trouble logging in to the system?
You may need to clear your cache. How to clear your cache depends on the browser you are using. Steps to clear your cache on Google Chrome are here. Steps to clear your cache on Microsoft Edge are here.
7. How often do I have to authenticate or put in my One Time Password (OTP)?
You will have to authenticate with a new OTP sent to your email address each time you need to log into the application.
8. Can I turn off MFA?
No. MFA is a requirement due to the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, also known as the Safeguards Rule.
9. What MFA program is being utilized?
Microsoft Corporate administers the MFA program using the Azure Active Directory B2C program that is used by Amynta Applications.
10. What if I have trouble with the MFA?
If you have access to the email address you set up when registering for MFA, you should not encounter any issues with MFA. During the initial launch of MFA on June 9, 2023, we will have a dedicated phone number to assist with any issues.
11. I did not receive my MFA Code in my email.
If you have not received your code in your email in 5 minutes and you have checked your junk and spam mailbox, there is a button on the page to send a new code.
12. I can’t log in to my email.
The email password is unique to you and was created when you registered. If you can not recall your email password, you will need to reset it using the email provider’s directions.
13. I can’t remember my MFA password.
If you can’t recall your MFA Password, utilize the “forgot my password” function. You will be prompted to enter your email address and will be sent an OTP. Once you have entered the OTP and verified the email address, you will need to click Continue and enter your email address once again. Then click continue, and you will be prompted to reset your password.
14. I can’t remember my MFA username.
This is the email address utilized when you first set up your account. You could attempt to find the original email that was sent with your first OTP, to validate which email account you used. If you are unable to determine, contact 800-211-6852 for assistance.